Who We Are
Vision: To reside amongst a culture of understanding, trust and a positive image about animal agriculture, where consumers recognize the earnest efforts of farmers as they care for their farms, animals, environment and communities.
Mission: To enhance the public’s understanding of and appreciation for animal agriculture by fostering a dialogue with consumers, engagement with farmers and cooperation among members of the industry.
- Integrity: NYAAC is committed to following ethical principles that guide the personal and professional actions of this organization.
- Care: NYAAC is committed to supporting and promoting the compassion farmers have for animals, employees, food safety, the environment and their communities.
- Respect: NYAAC is committed to treating others with courtesy, kindness and respect.
- Openness: NYAAC is committed to participating in open and honest two-way communication, acknowledging differences and shared values. We are also committed to possessing a willingness to embrace change or to walk away from an unproductive conversation or situation.
- Credibility: NYAAC is committed to being knowledgeable and delivering accurate and transparent information about animal agriculture.
- Helpfulness: NYAAC is committed to being a strong and positive voice for and with the animal agriculture community, as well as a resource of factual and timely information and personal connections for consumers.
- Resourcefulness: NYAAC is committed to developing effective communication models, and being early adopters of new technologies and approaches to enhance our interaction with others and advance our mission.
As a not-for-profit 501c3 organization, our official by-laws state that we must share our end of year financials. Please find the 2019 financial statements below.