The Empire State is home to over 19 million people and nearly 3,500 dairy farms. Farm families, their team members, and their employees work hard to ensure that people in all regions of the Empire State have access to farm fresh, nutritious, and sustainable dairy products!
With the help of Dani and Firefly, NYAAC has been able to spread the word about the work that happens 365 days on modern dairy farms. These bovine beauties share farmer's stories, highlight modern farming practices, and provide non-farming families with resources to learn more about dairy in your diet, animal care, sustainable farming, and much more!
You can visit our life-size cows by contacting the staff at the Queens County Farm Museum or John Bowne High School!
Resources for Teachers and Parents:
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Ag in the Classroom - Lesson Plans & Other Educational Resources
- Virtual Field Trips
- American Dairy Association - Lesson Plans
- Young Minds Inspired - Lesson Plans
- American Dairy Association - FAQ and Vocabulary Sheet
- Additional Lesson Plans
- Virtual Farm Tours
- ABC Food Cards Activity
- Adopt a Calf for your Classroom
- Fun on the Farm Video Series
- More Educational Videos
Dairy Good Recipes:
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole
- One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Broccoli
- Creamy Ranch-Style Greek Yogurt Dip
- Cheddar, Pear and Cranberry Muffins
- Simple Macaroni and Cheese
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ricotta Lemon Cake
- Holiday Favorites:
- Additional Dairy Recipes
Moo-velous Kid's Activities:
- Cheese Word Search
- Dairy Puzzles
- MOOga Yoga Poses
- Dairy Breeds Coloring Sheet
- Handprint Dairy Cow
- Advanced/Adult Coloring Pages
- More Kid's Crafts
- Additional Kid's Activities
Learn More About NY Dairy - Additional Resources:
- Health and Wellness
- Dairy in Your Diet
- Agricultural Literacy Curriculum
- How does milk get From Cow to Cup?
- NYAAC YouTube Channel
- NY Farm Bureau - NY Agriculture
- NYAAC Animal Agriculture/Farm Life Blog
Follow Us on Social Media!
Please reach out at any time with questions or to inquire about additional resources.