The Northeast Agribusiness & Feed Alliance, along with the New York Animal Ag Coalition and other supporting agricultural organizations are seeking quality “homegrown” videos and photos of your dairy farm to aid in a collaborative advocacy project.
We need short videos and photos that show what you are doing on your farm and explain why you’re doing it. Your photos and videos will help tell the story about modern agriculture through a year-long initiative to continue the conversation about what farmers do and why they do what they do. Dairy farmers in New York and New England are eligible to apply.
All entries must be taken in New York or New England. Images and videos will become the property of New York Animal Agriculture Coalition. No images will be returned. Parties submitting photos must certify that they have permission of all individuals shown in each photo and all individuals owning property shown in each photo. All entries must have a title for the submission. Try to get good lighting, crisp sound, close ups, action, emotion, anytime of day, any season.
Videos under 60 seconds in length that show or explain what is taking place on your dairy farm. Videos can be shot with a cell phone. They can be edited video or raw footage. Please include a title of your submission. All files are accepted; mp4 is preferred. Examples of what your video could include:
- a specific chore or task – crops or cows
- an introduction to your family
- a virtual tour of your farm
- an answer to a question people may have
Photos should capture the essence of dairy farming: people, animals, product and more. All submission must be high resolution images, at least 1MB, which means they could be shot with some cell phones. Please submit photos as a jpeg file. No filters or editing to the photo prior to submitting. Examples of what your photo could include:
- action shots – chores, people working, equipment moving
- family shots – portraits or candid shots of family on the farm
- animals – portraits or candid shots with people
- equipment – planting, harvesting, being worked on
- landscapes – productive fields, barnyards, scenic vistas
Prizes will be awarded for each category for a total of six prizes.
- 1st place photo & video: $200 each
- 2nd place photo & video: $100 each
- 3rd place photo & video: $50 each
Email your submissions to Eileen Jensen with the New York Animal Agriculture Coalition at Eileen@nyanimalag.org and please include the following information:
- Name, Address, Phone, Email
- Title of Submission
- Date Taken/Recorded
- Name/s of People featured in the Entry
- The following statement: I attest to having the permission of all individuals shown in each entry and all individuals owning property shown in each entry.
Deadline to apply has been extended to DECEMBER 1st.