Calling all Dairy Farmers…Under the age of 30
We need your help in producing a couple video pieces for the Birthing Center at the State Fair. Looking for young farmers – from infants to those in school to those on the farm. Please send us a short video clip. We will select two young farmers to be featured in our next NYAAC produced video that is due out in August. Video clips will also be used collectively to produce a video montage of sorts for the State Fair as well. Here are the rules:
1. Pick ONE of the following questions to answer in your video:
- What excites you most about the dairy industry?
- What is important to you as a dairy farmer or future farmer?
- How did you become involved in the dairy industry?
- Why do love being part of the dairy industry?
2. Follow these helpful, but important tips:
- Cell phone videos are fine, but please no filters.
- Shoot videos horizontally, not upright. (Think TV screen)
- Videos must be no longer than 30-60 seconds in length.
- Pick a creative background…on your farm or in a field.
- Pick a quiet setting so that your voice is heard clearly.
- Pick a well-lit area. Morning and afternoon sun is best.
- Keep your phone stable by using both hands and locking elbows.
- Be close to the camera so your face is 1/3 of the screen.
- Make your words count. Be concise. Speak clearly.
- Smile! Show us your passion for the dairy industry!
3. Email your submission to Eileen Jensen with NYAAC at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2018. Winners will be selected and notified by July 9, 2018.
By submitting a video, you agree to allow NYAAC to use and edit your video in promotional materials and social media as they relate to the organization’s mission, which is to enhance the public’s understanding and appreciation for animal agriculture. If minors choose to participate and are selected as a finalist, we will require parental consent.